After Your Surgery:
- You will be sent home with a packet of instructions. The nurse that discharges you should give you this packet. If the nurse fails to give you the information, it is your responsibility to request these orders. The packet will include the following:
- Prescriptions for mild pain medication and/or antibiotics.
- A phone number to call in case of emergency – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Diet instructions.
- The phone number to call and schedule your follow-up visits.
- The first day home, you will receive a call from the doctor’s office. This call is to make sure that you are feeling well and following all the instructions. This call is as important to us as it is to you. Please leave us a working phone number. In the past, we have tried to reach patients and have run into many “non working numbers”. If you are planning to stay with a family member, please provide us with that phone number.
- We care about all our patients, and we want to establish a good relationship with all of them. It is important that you come to ALL follow-up visits and inform me or my office about any problems. It is the only way to follow your progress.